Wednesday, March 3, 2010

An hour at the kindergarten

Today was an open day at Jacob's kindergarten due to the monthly Wednesday workshop and on which we were asked to make (belated) martinkas and premature Mother's day cards. I felt awkward when I received the invitation with the instructions and it occurred to me later that neither of these days (holidays) fall on Wednesday - so that was the reasoning behind this.

We were greeted by the children which recited a lovely poem for the mothers and we were each given our cards. This was mine:

The cover reads: Happy holiday (8 of March)

Inside a cute drawing made by my son!


Here was what we made

Close-up of the brooch

There was also a flowery card but I forgot to take a photo of it. We left that one at the display board.

Here's the proud owner of the martinka.
I love when he gives me the "Mowgli" smile.

1 comment:

Tuppence said...

I love stories of your children! The card is beautiful. And I love how the kids did a presentation, but you also got some time to interact with Jacob one on one.