Sunday, March 28, 2010

Me and Murphy

I am sure you have all met Murphy at least once in your lifetime. Well, not only I know him - I happen to be best friends with him. We went to school together. As a matter of fact we sat next to each other. And he happens to me quite a lot.

Just to illustrate the post, I'll give you a couple of examples:

Whenever I am at the supermarket, waiting at the cashier's- the cashier either:
a) runs out of tape for the bill;
b) a cute old man/woman in front of me forgets some of the supplies // can't find the wallet
c) the machine does not accept my card.

At the bank:
a) the other lines move faster than mine
b) the teller closes the desk while I am second/third in line
When other customers complain and wonder what's wrong with that particular desk I reply: It's not the cash desk. It's me.

The examples are numerous. And when that happens I learnt to take a deep breath and say to myself calmly: Well, what do you know! It's Murphy again!

So, what induced me to write this post today you may wonder - but I am sure you know the answer now! Just as I published my last post I received another project which I have to finish in two weeks. And I haven't done anything of the planned things and costumes! I am so stressed out that I won't finish them in time I want to bite. But I won't. I'll just lie down and have a nice heart attack.

I hope you are having waaay more fun than me. Happy Sunday!


As a finish for this post I offer you a cute poem:

I never had a slice of bread,
Particularly large and wide,
That did not fall upon the floor,
And always on the buttered side.

1 comment:

RheLynn said...

Very pretty daffodils, and I wish you better luck in the future and less visits from Murphy!