Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Reality check? Check again!

On Sunday evening the much appreciated David Guetta was to host a party here. But instead he held it on Monday at 1 o'clock a.m (mind you) much to the audience's dismay and annoyance. The resident DJs did their best to warm up the audience but his appearance was much delayed - which I think was inexcusable.

Nevertheless, he managed to restore the audience's mood and he atoned himself by offering a great performance.
We were together with my sister and her husband and we really had an amazing time!
I cannot offer many good photos (all you can see is hands up in the air and the shining screen)
Both husbands were worried that we might stand out in the crowd due to our age, but were reassured very soon that we were not the only ones threading steadily towards the forties (I shudder at writing the figures)!


So after a long night and early morning of dancing - because it ended at 4 o'clock in the morning - we felt like run over by a truck! My whole body hurts! I still suffer from a stiff neck and I've been cranky for being deprived of more than several hours of sleep. Although I exercise I know now of muscles I've never been aware of!

Reality (check): You are not in the twenties (thirties - Yikes!) anymore! You don't expect being all peachy after jumping all night long!
Me: But I still feel young inside! My soul is young! I am nurturing it, investing in it so that it may remain the same for the years to come. Beat that reality!

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This is a wonderful post.
I will be 60 this year. I look in the mirror and its a familiar face because I have watched it age but my heart has not aged one year..it has only become more intelligent.

I don't see where you live mentioned in your profile. I think you are not in the USA. DO you mind telling me. Its so cool to know people around the world through the internet.
regards, Carol