Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lavender and turquoise scarves


I've not been idle this weekend and crocheted some scarves.
Discovered the loveliest of yarn and thread at my favourite wool shop and bought a whole bunch in all the palette they offered. Mostly cotton ones, but I couldn't resist the charm of the sparkly ones.
The lavender scarf is made of a cotton and viscose yarn. The viscose gives it a lovely shine and at first glimpse it appears silken. It is even more appealing because the yarn itself changes the hue from lightest to darkest.



The turquoise one is shorter but wider. Both end with fringes. They are made with a purpose. Tell you later about it! Have a great Sunday and I'll be talking to you soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours and I like the fringe detail!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Absolutely gorgeous Maya, the yarn looks so soft.

Ophelia.K said...

I love both color! Cotton yarn is my favorite. I think they go well with feminine dresses!!

ByNightCreations said...

love the colors!
Sorry I haven't been around much these days. I was way so busy, I couldn't fingd the time to visits blogs...
I hope all is well!

Papgena Made It said...

what a productive and beautiful weekend!!! ;)

Clara in Paradise said...

Oh me, that turquoise scarf is absolutely gorgeous, I love the color gradation and the fringes. It looks like the kind of thing I'd wear if I needed a scarf here. :)