Sunday, January 15, 2012

Crochet flowers going to the Dark Side and a proposal for the Star Wars producers





The thing is that I had an idea of making a necklace with these two flowers just because I think they make a lovely match. Then I thought of brooches. But together they might be just too much for one brooch - it would be too heavy. But since I am never lacking on ideas, I'll come up with something really soon. One of these may run for the marine beauty category. Can you guess which one?


Wasn't hard, was it? This little thing turned out to look more of an octopus than a flower (I know I had to work more on the arrangement of the different bits).
This happens to remind me of a comment I received on this brooch (below) by a flicker member who said (or rather asked):

"It's not cthulhu?"

Of course I didn't know what a cthulhu was so I had to google for explanation and images. Hilarious! The resemblance is incredible, and I wasn't even trying hard. That incited a fit of a good laugh :) My crochet flowers go to the Dark Side!

OK. It turns out that I am good at creating oddlings, so if any of you Star Wars producers happen to brush by this post, bear in mind that there is a crocheter who can make the wildest, strangest (imaginable) creatures without even knowing it! You may want to hire me for one of your sequels! You will disappointed not be!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Learned something new today ;-) It's nice to use your imagination while creating something isn't it? Always love your flowers Maya!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

How funny!
Really, I like these two pieces together. On my monitor it is raspberry and grey and I love them together. I'll be interested to see what you do with them. The rose is just gorgeous. I love the petals. Very lacy looking.
xx, Carol

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love that flower. Too funny on the cthulhu. I had to look it up cuz I had not a clue! Hope your day is great. Tammy

Cucicucicoo said...

oh that's funny!
i love these flowers, but perhaps the spiral rose with the leaves. just gorgeous! :) lisa

Peggy said...

Ha ha! Too funny! I had to look that one up!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

So, so funny (and beautiful - I will add)!!! I love craft Star Wars projects. Lily will be impressed too!

CrochetBlogger said...

I only know what a cthulhu is because so many people seem to love crocheting them. I, on the other hand, just love your flowers!

Papgena Made It said...

I had to check it too!! :D
The flower is beautiful!!

Unknown said...

How interesting! The cthulhu is my favourite. Funny how you've come up with it on your own separate from the original creators.