Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hakuna Matata


Every day we see young people selling Hakuna Matata bracelets on the beach. They usually carry a bunch of colorful thread for the customer to choose the colors him/herself.
Today while getting back from the beach Jacob asked me if I could make him one. To tell the truth, in the past I braided some but this was more intricate like weaving and since I've never weaved one I googled for them and found some very interesting links i will have to check back later.

Nevertheless, I didn't have time to study and try any of the methods, so I just braided his first. He chose the colors himself and patiently held the end of the bracelet while I braided, which shows that he honestly wanted it .

Now his sister wants a bracelet, so off we are to make another.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

He obviously loves it. Such a cute smile!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Gosh he's cute. I never heard of the bracelet but I like it. I'd wear one.
xx, Carol

Unknown said...

Oh yes, Jacob really is happy with the bracelet you made for him, goes perfect with his shirt! He must be so happy with such a creative mommy!!
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

There's your boy and he's a cutie! The bracelet turned out great. He definitely wanted it since he sat so patiently and held the end while you did the work. Sweet! Best wishes, Tammy

Papgena Made It said...

when I saw the title I thought that you would talk about the lion king movie!!! lol
I didn't know that the bracelets have that name!
But is funny because, lately, I was thinking to do that kind of research so I can learn and teach how to do it to my daughter on the vacations!
I think you did a pretty job and you have one happy costumer!