Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Easy as D-I-Y: 3D Paper Flower Mobile


For today I have a tutorial to share for a 3D Paper Flower Mobile. I made a couple for the Etsy Craft Party and I loved it so much I had to make some for us.


To make this mobile you need:
- a piece of cardboard
- craft / regular A4 paper
- markers
- thread / fishing line
- glue, scissors, puncher a needle


First, on the cardboard draw and cut 2 clouds and mark and cut the slits as shown.


Insert one into the other .



Punch holes on each side of the clouds and one in the middle.
{Here you may want to make tiny holes and for that you may use the needle)



Fold the paper a couple of times.


Like this.


Draw a flower. I copied it from an already made flower and that's why the drawing is a bit shaky :)



 Cut it out.  You will get a lot of them.



Take one and put a glue in the center.


Glue another one on top of it, but mind to make the petals of the bottom one show between the petals of the flower above. 



Fold the petals of the upper flower inwards and with a marker, color the center. 



Next tie a long thread through the hole. The length depends on you.



 Put glue on the back of the flower, put it on the thread, and glue another flower on top of it.


As you can see, I used different flower colors for the back and the front. 

You actually sandwich the thread with two flowers.



At a certain distance, glue another flower and so on.



At the end of the thread to actually hide it, I used a smaller flower in size than the one used. Do the same for all holes on the clouds.


Thread the needle, make two holes and make a big loop for hanging the mobile. 





Isn't this easy?
I hope you like it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute and colourful mobile, will make up for some happy moments of watching!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

These turned out just beautiful. I love mobiles. I have been meaning to make one for my office, I think this would work very well.

Unknown said...

Ah, they are so very pretty! You can't have too many flowers and a flower mobile like this one is the proof! :)

Susan@Organized31 said...

So pretty and so fun! Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday.