Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Skirt to Scarf Refashion



In my pursuit of repurposing good pieces, I made another scarf from two very dear pieces. 

The skirt is a rich burgundy corduroy with lovely ruffles that made the skirt for what it was - a cutie! Eva got it as a gift, but the elastic at the waist was so tight there was no way for her to wear it. I knew that if I tried to change and insert new elastic I would ruin it since it was with one of those set-in elastics that can be removed along with a big part of the fabric. So it stayed put for many, many years. 

As for the woolen scarf - I have had it since uni. Needless to mention that it so dear to my heart  I was set to keep it until doomsday. But, it started to show the tooth of time and before it got any holes I decided to save it and hence the match. It is as good as if made in heaven. 

Luckily i didn't have to cut away the flowery ruffle and use the whole front part of the skirt without chipping at it (the skirt was slightly circular) and I needed to add / patch just a small part to use the entire length of the woolen scarf. 
 
  
And this is not all. I have some other refashioned pieces coming along nicely and in due time.

6 comments:

Diane said...

Wonderful scarf design, the rich color sure looks nice.

Hugs Diane

Unknown said...

I've told you before, only you could come up with such a totally neat idea Maya! The garments have been given an amazing new life!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Laura Ivonne Servetti said...

Hi, great idea !! thank you ! have a nice day.

Sara Lehman said...

What a fantastic idea!

I hope you get a chance to hop over and share with us at Tell Me About It Tuesday.
http://www.sweetsillysara.com/2014/01/tell-me-about-it-tuesday-linky-party.html

Annabellouise said...

The new scarf is gorgeous, my favourite winter colour.

Sara Lehman said...

Thanks for sharing at Tell Me About It Tuesday! I hope you join us again this week.