Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Floral Headbands and some small talk


It was about 18°C / 64.4°F today! Can you believe it?
This winter we didn't see a single "w" out of it... unlike half of the world... And I still have some winter scarves to show you... maybe it gets pity on us and get a little cold.. I mean just a bit...

I am not crazy about cold weather but I certainly mind the changes -  I mean 18°C in February!! Come on!



As for my projects - I have springlike tablescapes all around the place. No, I was not inspired by the weather - I simply had a ton of organza flowers scattered around and I decided to tackle some lace and organza headbands. As I got pretty serious tackling them, I plan to bore you to death with them in the future posts :) 

Just kidding!

10 comments:

BumbleBri said...

this is so pretty. dainty. I love it! I have been hunting for simple, yet elegant headband ideas. I've never made anything, but I am obsessed with browsing :-)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I am so envious right now, it is -18C and colder with the wind chill. Beautiful,photos, I want to grow out my hair so I can wear pretty accessories (meanwhile I deal with hat head or risk frostbite :)

Divya N said...

haaa...where I live 18C is pretty cold for feb and thats how its inside the house right now though its blazing outside. I love the vintage photo-lace stuff you have in your photo background - what are they?

Unknown said...

Superpretty headband Maya, bet it looks stunning on you! And hey, I think I see something familiar there in the background ;-) LOL! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Maya Kuzman said...

The vintage photos with lace are birthday cards making one fab compilation strung together

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Ira, though it's not for me. As for the cards- what can I say! I can't resist using them:)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I am not a cold weather gal at all and my son was born and raised in Kuwait but has gone on to university in Colorado where he is freezing his butt off at -30 degrees. He's loving Colorado and college but not the cold. We are having beautiful weather at the moment. 60s is about as low as I would like the temperature to get, ever. :) I love headbands but my 15 year graciously informed me that I don't look good in them at all. HA! Have a great weekend. Tammy

Linda said...

I love the vintage feel of your photographs Maya, and the lace and organza headbands are so special. Amazingly feminine and pretty enough for the Bridesmaids of a vintage wedding. I'm so envious that you have such pretty things just lying around waiting for you to transform into such beautiful hand made things x

Mindie Hilton said...

Beautiful headband. We have had a very weird winter here. Not nearly as cold or snowy as usual. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

That's a gorgeous headband.