Saturday, April 12, 2014

My Gilded Cage Necklace - free pattern

 

I found this pattern on the net and I liked it so much I had to try and make it. At first glance it reminded me of wrought iron lattices on Tunisian windows we admired so much. 

The pattern: 

Ch 14 
Round 1: Sc in 8th ch from hk, make a (3-chain) picot, ch 5, skip 3 and sc in next st. make a picot, ch 2 skip 1 and in the last st make 1 dc.

Round 2: ch1 sc1 over the dc you just made, then ch5, make a sc on the loop (chain) below, make a picot, chain 5 and sc 1 on the loop below. 

Round 3: chain 5, sc in loop below, make a picot, chain another 5, sc in loop below, ch 2 and make a dc on top of the previous dc.

Round 4: repeat round 2


 I liked it better vertically so that's how I used it for my necklace. I hung it on a chain and added a lovely skeleton key to it.




5 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

lovely!!!!!
thank you, xxxxxx Ale

Divya N said...

nice concept and yellow

Unknown said...

A wonderful piece of jewelry Maya! Enjoy your Sunday!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Unknown said...

Very pretty!

I'm hosting a series right now all about yarn projects. I'd love to have you link up anything you've made involving yarn/twine!
Yarn it All! Link Party on Bugaboo Blog

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing on your gallery at #simplybebetsy ...
Sharon and Denise