Thursday, August 13, 2015

Entrelac crochet


 
  
I have put off trying entrelac crochet for so long, so now that I actually tried it, I wonder what made me postpone it all this time. Maybe because it resembles knitting so much and I am always into something more playful and lively if you know what I mean. 

 Via

What is entrelac crochet?
It is a technique that employs Tunisian crochet stitches tht work up into  rows of diamonds. The colors can be switched at the end of each row, which makes this technique simple and attractive for creating lively pieces.

  Via

I tried my hand in it and made a cute little square and now I am eager to really find a pattern or a project to work on it using entrelac. Exciting! I learned how to do it following Mikey's instructions.


 Via
  
For more beautiful projects - check out my Entrelac Crochet & Knitting Board on pinterest.

10 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

I saw a lot of pins yesterday from you about enterelac !!!!! Now I understand!!!!
Have fun, xxxxx Ale

handmade by amalia said...

This is gorgeous, Maya, I absolutely have to try it.
I'm back, BTW. This time, not from a fab holiday but from an awful flu. In August!
Amalia
xo

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes, I created a new board for it, so there was a lot of pinning.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Amalia!Welcome back and I hope you get well soon! Hugs!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Maya, It's amazing looking, and hard to believe when looking at it that it's not so complicated. xoxo Su

Trish said...

I made a blanket using this stitch and I adore it! I'll be making another one in the future!Trish - tales from trish

Maya Kuzman said...

Yes, it is as easy as a breeze Su!

Maya Kuzman said...

I would love to make a blanket Trish! The first image showing one is divine!

The Striped Pearl said...

This is gorgeous! I have only tried crocheting once, and I didn't catch on real fast. I have never tried to knit. I quilt all the time, but often I am drawn to different textures. I have never heard of entrelac crochet, but your blanket is beautiful! You are super talented.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you so much Pearl but the blanket is not mine, the credits are given in the link. I guess it takes time - I first started knitting but now I cannot imagine a day without crochet :)