Monday, January 18, 2016

Easy Crocheted Muff DIY

 

 
Hi guys!
 
On Saturday, at last, it started snowing. We've been fighting pollution for the past several months (one of the disadvantages and curses of living in a big city) so when it started snowing we all got a little bit hilarious about it. Clean air for a while.
 
The snow was the reason more to show you our new muff and share the pattern for it.
 
 
For the muff I used chunky yarn and 4 mm hook.
The chunkiness makes this project finished in about 15 minutes.
 
The pattern:
 
Ch 23
Row 1: starting from 4th ch from hook make a dc in every stitch. Ch 3 and turn work. (21)
 
Row 2: starting from 2nd ch from hook, hdc across. Ch 3 and turn work. 
Row 3: starting from 2nd ch from hook, dc across. Ch 3 and turn work. 
Row 4 - end: repeat rows 2+ 3 consecutively.
 
{For this muff I made 9 rows of the pattern}

 

When you achieve the desired length, sew both ends (or sc to join them) together.



To make the chain: insert yarn on the upper side of the muff and chain "x" no. of stitches. To crochet the right length of the muff chain, measure it on the recipient by placing the muff on the navel. The arms / hands are in suitable, muff wearing position when it is right on the navel. Fasten it on the other side and you are done!

 
 
Or you can leave it without the chain.


 Happy crocheting!

7 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

What a cute muffler and great idea! They were popular when I was little.
Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie! When the temperature falls bellow zero it comes really handy.

Alhana said...

When I was a child I had a costume with a black muffler and I loved it so much. It never occurred to me they were worn outside historical costumes until today! Our weather isn't cold enough for them but now I wish it were so I'd be able to wear this. Very cute!

Divya N said...

I had no idea that a muffler was worn on the hands. In India a muffler is a scarf (crocheted or knitted woollen scarf)that is worn around the neck usually by children or the elderly

collettakay said...

I love to crochet! It is one of my favorite activities. I hope you can stop by:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/01/book-review-picture-perfect-by-janice.html

Colletta

Maya Kuzman said...

I'll be sure to drop over Colletta!

Unknown said...

So neat!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!